Carlsberg replaces Budweiser as official beer partner of Premier League
Carlsberg has upped its presence in football by signing as the official beer partner of the Premier League, filling a three-year void since Budweiser's sponsorship of top flight football.
Carlsberg: secures deal with the Premier League
Carlsberg and the Premier League have agreed a three-year deal for Carlsberg to be the "Official Beer Partner" of the Barclays Premier League. The arrangement will run from the 2013/14 season to the end of 2015/16.
The Premier League has been without an official beer partner since 2010 when its three-year deal with Budweiser ended.
Tom Moradpour, vice-president of the Carlsberg brand, said: "At a time when we are fully committed to growing the Carlsberg brand, it is fantastic to be associated with such an iconic football property as the Premier League.
Carlsberg has a long-standing relationship with football through international sponsorships of national teams and international tournaments.
In the 1970s, Carlsberg was the first commercial sponsor of the Danish national teams and national league.
In club football, Carlsberg has partnerships with a number of clubs, including Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.
Carlsberg has also sponsored the 1990 World Cup and Champions League in 2003 and 2004.
In 2011, Carlsberg signed a deal with The Football Association to become the official beer of the England football team.Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...