Microsoft Advertising hires Sara Linfoot as brand integration specialist
Microsoft Advertising has appointed the former Guardian News and Media digital digital lead, Sara Linfoot, as brand integration specialist to spearhead its brand partnership opportunities.
Sara Linfoot: joins Microsoft Advertising from Guardian News and Media
Linfoot will be based in Microsoft's London office and will lead new opportunities for brands to create premium partnerships with MSN across Windows 8, Xbox, Skype, Windows Phone and Bing.
She will work with brands to develop immersive content experiences on MSN, which has 23 million unique users every month.
Although she will not head up a team directly, Linfoot will work closely with the wider commercial and editorial teams.
She will report to James Hayr, head of advertising solutions at Microsoft Advertising, who in turn reports to Andy Hart, general manager of Microsoft Advertising & Online, UK.
Linfoot has 12 years' digital experience in publishing and sales, most recently working with clients such as Channel 4, The Fairtrade Foundation and Northcliffe Media, as part of her own consultancy.
At Guardian News and Media (GNM) from 2002 until 2010, Linfoot held roles including head of digital brand solutions and digital innovation manager, within the commercial department.
Linfoot brokered the first commercial use of The Guardian's 'Open Platform' API and the launch of The Guardian's music editorial channel with a commercial partner.
Hayr said: "Sara's CV speaks for itself. Microsoft is reinventing the web and, with Sara, we will be co-creating with brands from the beginning, ensuring we develop the best possible campaigns together."
Linfoot said: "I'm looking forward to breaking new creative boundaries with a business that offers a unique combination of scale, content and technology.
"The continued investment in MSN's editorial offering, combined with Microsoft technology, will allow us to maximise effectiveness for our clients and re-imagine advertising for our audiences."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London