Greggs launches first TV campaign in two years
Greggs, the bakery group, has invested more than £1m in a new marketing campaign that includes its first TV ad in two years.
Starting tomorrow (16 January), the ad is part of a six-week integrated campaign promoting the company’s meal-deal offers and a scratch card offer, through TV and digital investment such as Facebook posts.
Graeme Nash, head of customer and marketing at Greggs, said: "The new campaign is focused on value, quality and freshness, and the great options available at Greggs."
He added that the TV ads, created by advertising agency Gratterpalm, were designed to show viewers that Greggs offered a welcome break from the day-to-day food choices that they had grown so tired of.
Nash said: "We wanted the campaign to capture how easy it is to make tastier choices in the New Year, even if you’re on a budget."
The copywriters at Gratterpalm were Matt Reid and Bill Lyne and the art directors were Vicki Munro and Paul Rutherford. The TV ad was directed by Tom Schiller at Spoke Films. Media was planned and bought by Carat.
The ad also highlights the scratch card giveaway that takes place with every meal deal purchased from today until Sunday 3 March. Prizes include instant food and drink at Greggs, or the chance to enter an online draw to win prizes such as a holiday for two to Brazil.
PR activity will run alongside the campaign, which will try to shed light on customers' lunchtime habits and how they enjoy their breaks through the day.
Other agencies involved in the campaign were Steel, Havas PR UK and UnMissable.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...