ASA bans Mila Kunis 'misleading' body cream ad
An ad featuring 'Black Swan' actress Mila Kunis for Rodial cosmetics has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for suggesting its body cream could give users her figure.
Rodial: ad featuring actress Mila Kunis ruled misleading by the ASA
The emailed promotion claimed users could "Get Mila Kunis' Esquire look" by using its cream to reduce the appearance of cellulite and included a striking picture of Kunis in her underwear.
However, the ASA found there was not strong enough evidence that Kunis’ distinctive figure was achieved via the product in question, or that the product did what it stated.
In its ruling, it said most consumers would consider an ad claiming to "streamline your bum, thighs and tummy" would reduce cellulite, as well as smoothing and tightening the areas of the body mentioned. However, the ASA did not believe it had seen strong enough evidence to support this claim.
In its response, Rodial referred to two trials for two active ingredients in the body sculpture product. It did not supply the ASA with the trials themselves.
The ASA concluded the ad was "misleading" because it was not clear that Kunis’ appearance was as a result of using the product advertised, and warned Rodial not to make claims about the efficacy of its products without "robust evidence".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...