Channel 4 News head of comms Amy Lawson to join Cabinet Office
Channel 4 News' head of comms Amy Lawson is leaving the ITN-run news programme to become chief press officer in the Cabinet Office, effective next month.
Amy Lawson: Channel 4 News comms head joins Cabinet Office
Reporting directly to Emily Tofield, head of comms for the efficiency and reform group within the Cabinet Office, Lawson will become the chief press officer for the efficiency and reform group.
Lawson replaces Zoe Paxton, who confirmed her departure last week to become the deputy head of news at the Department for International Development.
At Channel 4 News, Lawson managed the reputation of its flagship programme and on-screen team for nearly two years. She helped to develop public positions for the brand on key issues and advised senior management on internal comms, among other responsibilities.
Before this, Lawson spent 18 months as the Channel 4 News press and PR manager, following nearly four years at agency Limelight.
The news comes a week after Alex Aiken, Westminster City Council’s comms head, was appointed as the executive director for government comms.
Aiken will be based in Downing Street and the Cabinet Office and will be the most senior comms professional in the civil service. Read his column in this week’s issue of PRWeek here.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...