Channel 4 News head of comms Amy Lawson to join Cabinet Office
Channel 4 News' head of comms Amy Lawson is leaving the ITN-run news programme to become chief press officer in the Cabinet Office, effective next month.
Amy Lawson: Channel 4 News comms head joins Cabinet Office
Reporting directly to Emily Tofield, head of comms for the efficiency and reform group within the Cabinet Office, Lawson will become the chief press officer for the efficiency and reform group.
Lawson replaces Zoe Paxton, who confirmed her departure last week to become the deputy head of news at the Department for International Development.
At Channel 4 News, Lawson managed the reputation of its flagship programme and on-screen team for nearly two years. She helped to develop public positions for the brand on key issues and advised senior management on internal comms, among other responsibilities.
Before this, Lawson spent 18 months as the Channel 4 News press and PR manager, following nearly four years at agency Limelight.
The news comes a week after Alex Aiken, Westminster City Council’s comms head, was appointed as the executive director for government comms.
Aiken will be based in Downing Street and the Cabinet Office and will be the most senior comms professional in the civil service. Read his column in this week’s issue of PRWeek here.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading