Channel 4 News head of comms Amy Lawson to join Cabinet Office
Channel 4 News' head of comms Amy Lawson is leaving the ITN-run news programme to become chief press officer in the Cabinet Office, effective next month.
Amy Lawson: Channel 4 News comms head joins Cabinet Office
Reporting directly to Emily Tofield, head of comms for the efficiency and reform group within the Cabinet Office, Lawson will become the chief press officer for the efficiency and reform group.
Lawson replaces Zoe Paxton, who confirmed her departure last week to become the deputy head of news at the Department for International Development.
At Channel 4 News, Lawson managed the reputation of its flagship programme and on-screen team for nearly two years. She helped to develop public positions for the brand on key issues and advised senior management on internal comms, among other responsibilities.
Before this, Lawson spent 18 months as the Channel 4 News press and PR manager, following nearly four years at agency Limelight.
The news comes a week after Alex Aiken, Westminster City Council’s comms head, was appointed as the executive director for government comms.
Aiken will be based in Downing Street and the Cabinet Office and will be the most senior comms professional in the civil service. Read his column in this week’s issue of PRWeek here.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £35000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Leeds
- DESIGN TEAM LEADER - SURREY - £38K Salt £38000 per annum, Surrey
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London