Coca-Cola, BSkyB and Cisco to discuss sustainability at inaugural summit
Coca-Cola, BSkyB, Cisco, and Siemens are among those brands who will discuss sustainable solutions as part of this month's Sustainable Events Summit.
The Sustainable Events Summit takes place at The Crystal on 24 January 2013
The summit, organised by Positive Impact, Sustainable Events Ltd and Smyle, takes place at The Crystal in London’s Royal Victoria Dock on 24 January. The venue itself is Siemens’ new £30 million centre for urban sustainability and the one-day event will be a mix of case studies, panel discussions and ‘Meet the Expert’ advisory sessions.
Coca-Cola’s sustainability projects coordinator Olivia Knight-Adams (right) will join Tricia Thompson, director of cycling at BSkyB and Cisco’s senior event marketing manager, Ben Atherton to explore whether clients are demanding sustainability and how the supply chain should be learning to read sustainability signals.
Kevin Worster, director global projects for Siemens will team up with Shaun McCarthy, chair of the Commission for Sustainable London 2012 and Thomas Jelley, UK corporate citizenship manager at Sodexo to discuss, what brands look for when making sustainability purchasing decisions.
"We’re delighted that so many brands, events agencies and organisations will be joining us at this important first live summit," said Smyle managing director Rick Stainton. "We’ve also got Glasgow 2014 and SportAccord discussing sustainability in practice at sport events as well as a raft of what we’re calling ‘Living’ case studies from agencies and venues."
Fiona Pelham, managing director of not-for-profit organisation Positive Impact, has been chairing an advisory group to determine what a sustainable events industry should look like for the future.
She said: "The findings have helped us to shape the summit’s agenda. Delegates will be asked to pledge their support for ongoing sustainable strategies and engage with the wider community through our online portal to help these advancements occur."
More detail of the event is available on the dedicated website Sustainableeventssummit.com.
Readers of C&IT, Marketing, Event and Brand Republic are eligible for a 20% discount on tickets by quoting the code SES001 when booking.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Seven Search and Selection Competitive plus package, East Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...