The Village Communications wins Liberty department store media business
The Village Communications, the7stars-backed media agency, has been appointed by the luxury department store Liberty to handle its media planning and buying.
Liberty: hires The Village Communications to its media account
The incumbent on the business was Olea Communications, which handles a range of luxury fashion clients.
The Village Communications, which is 25% owned by the7stars, has taken over the account for the Regent Street-based store with immediate effect.
Traditionally, media activity for Liberty has focused on luxury magazines and fashion and beauty publications. The agency will also be responsible for increasing digital activity across magazine apps.
Liberty was established in 1875 as a multi-purpose store selling fashion and homeware, and the business was bought by private equity firm BlueGem Capital Partners for £32m in 2010.
The Village Communications was founded last year by Richard Cox and Deidre MacNair, formerly a director and planner respectively at John Ayling .The agency’s founding client was First Drinks, the distribution arm of William Grant & Sons.
Working with brands such as Glenfiddich, Hendrick's Gin, Remy Martin and Cointreau, The Village Communications aims to offer strategic media planning, alongside events and experiential activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER Digital Gurus £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...