Blockbuster goes into administration
Blockbuster has today become the latest casualty of the high-street, after it called in administrators, putting more than 4,000 jobs at risk.
Blockbuster: goes into administration
Blockbuster has 528 stores and employs 4,190 staff. Deloitte, the accountancy firm, will take over the day-to-day running of Blockbuster. The retailer will continue to trade while Deloitte looks for a buyer.
The DVD and video rental company has been hit by competition from internet-based film services.
The demise of Blockbuster follows just days after that of HMV. Jessops has been another recent casualty.
Lee Manning, joint administrator and partner in Deloitte’s restructuring services, said: "In recent years Blockbuster has faced increased competition from internet based providers along with the shift to digital streaming of movies and games.
"We are working closely with suppliers and employees to ensure the business has the best possible platform to secure a sale, preserve jobs and generate as much value as possible for all creditors."Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...