Blockbuster goes into administration
Blockbuster has today become the latest casualty of the high-street, after it called in administrators, putting more than 4,000 jobs at risk.
Blockbuster: goes into administration
Blockbuster has 528 stores and employs 4,190 staff. Deloitte, the accountancy firm, will take over the day-to-day running of Blockbuster. The retailer will continue to trade while Deloitte looks for a buyer.
The DVD and video rental company has been hit by competition from internet-based film services.
The demise of Blockbuster follows just days after that of HMV. Jessops has been another recent casualty.
Lee Manning, joint administrator and partner in Deloitte’s restructuring services, said: "In recent years Blockbuster has faced increased competition from internet based providers along with the shift to digital streaming of movies and games.
"We are working closely with suppliers and employees to ensure the business has the best possible platform to secure a sale, preserve jobs and generate as much value as possible for all creditors."Follow @JohnReynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...