Ad veterans launch start-up Holmes Hobbs Marcantonio
Adrian Holmes, Steve Hobbs and Alfredo Marcantonio - three industry veterans with a combined age of 182 - have formed a start-up with a "back to basics" philosophy.
HHM: start-up founded by (l-r) Marcantonio, Hobbs, Holmes
Holmes Hobbs Marcantonio brings together: Holmes, the former Lowe worldwide chairman and Y&R executive creative director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa; Hobbs, a creative services specialist; and Marcantonio, the ex-Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO vice-chairman.
The shop’s debut ad, for Prostate Cancer UK featuring the comedian Bill Bailey, is already on air.
"We’re very keen to bring back the written word," Holmes said. "The ad industry seems to have convinced itself that writing isn’t required any more. We think that’s wrong."
HHM, in which the three principals have equal shares, is the successor to MPH, the consultancy launched by Hobbs and Marcantonio nine years ago. MPH clients switching to HHM include Albert Bartlett.
The Folio Society, whose latest campaign, written by Holmes, has just broken, Serena Linley and Telegraph-Road Cycling complete the HHM portfolio.
The founders said they were also in talks with a brewery and a snack company.
"We think our main appeal will be to small entrepreneurial clients," Marcantonio said. "We’re doing this because we think there’s a role for an agency like ours."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)