Man U vs West Ham peaks at 6.3m on ITV
ITV's coverage of the Manchester United vs West Ham FA Cup replay was watched by a peak audience of 6.3 million last night, according to unofficial overnight figures.
TV ratings: sport tops last night's figures
Footage of the third round replay, which aired between 8pm and 10pm, averaged 5.1 million viewers and a share of 21.1% across ITV and ITV HD. 67,300 watched the coverage on ITV+1. Manchester United beat West Ham 1-0.
Live coverage of the replay match between Arsenal and Swansea City was aired on ESPN between 7pm and 10pm last night with an average audience of 340,000 viewers. The audience peaked at 433,933 viewers.
While the figures for the Arsenal match are significantly less than ITV at the same time, ESPN was the top performing live sports channel and on average the audiences for its third round games have been up 48% year on year.
Meanwhile, David Attenborough’s 'Africa' aired between 9pm and 10pm and brought in an average of 5.9 million viewers, a 23.5% share, to BBC One.
Channel 4’s, 'One Born Every Minute' had average viewing audience of 2.2 million across standard and high definition channels, a share of 8.5%. An additional average of 246,700 watched it on Channel 4+1.
Channel 5’s 'Celebrity Big Brother' live eviction drew in an average of 2.1 million between 9pm and 10.30pm, an 8.8% share. 151,500 more people watched the show on Channel 5 +1, which featured model Lacey Banghard's exit.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...