Thomson to continue Dreamliner marketing despite safety concerns
Thomson has pledged to continue to promote the forthcoming launch of its Dreamliner aircraft service, despite the fact that world's entire fleet of the Boeing 787s has been grounded due to safety fears.
Thomson: first UK airline to roll out Dreamliner aircraft
The crisis began after a Japanese airline was forced to make an emergency landing earlier this week due to a perceived battery fault and "burning smell".
All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines responded by grounding their Dreamliner fleets, before all global aviation authorities ordered the planes be taken out of service until the problem has been rectified.
TUI-owned tour operator Thomson launched a £5.5m campaign last year to highlight the introduction of Dreamliner aircraft in May, focusing on the "cutting-edge" in-flight entertainment systems and noise reduction offered by the new planes.
In spite of the current crisis, a Thomson spokesman insisted the travel company is "not planning to make any changes to [its] Dreamliner marketing at this time".
At the time of the campaign launch last year, Jeremy Ellis, marketing director at TUI, claimed the Dreamliner aircraft is set to "set to innovate our holidays and change the way we travel".
Thomson will begin Dreamliner flights from Glasgow to Mexico and Florida from May.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London