Thomson to continue Dreamliner marketing despite safety concerns
Thomson has pledged to continue to promote the forthcoming launch of its Dreamliner aircraft service, despite the fact that world's entire fleet of the Boeing 787s has been grounded due to safety fears.
Thomson: first UK airline to roll out Dreamliner aircraft
The crisis began after a Japanese airline was forced to make an emergency landing earlier this week due to a perceived battery fault and "burning smell".
All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines responded by grounding their Dreamliner fleets, before all global aviation authorities ordered the planes be taken out of service until the problem has been rectified.
TUI-owned tour operator Thomson launched a £5.5m campaign last year to highlight the introduction of Dreamliner aircraft in May, focusing on the "cutting-edge" in-flight entertainment systems and noise reduction offered by the new planes.
In spite of the current crisis, a Thomson spokesman insisted the travel company is "not planning to make any changes to [its] Dreamliner marketing at this time".
At the time of the campaign launch last year, Jeremy Ellis, marketing director at TUI, claimed the Dreamliner aircraft is set to "set to innovate our holidays and change the way we travel".
Thomson will begin Dreamliner flights from Glasgow to Mexico and Florida from May.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East