Thomson to continue Dreamliner marketing despite safety concerns
Thomson has pledged to continue to promote the forthcoming launch of its Dreamliner aircraft service, despite the fact that world's entire fleet of the Boeing 787s has been grounded due to safety fears.
Thomson: first UK airline to roll out Dreamliner aircraft
The crisis began after a Japanese airline was forced to make an emergency landing earlier this week due to a perceived battery fault and "burning smell".
All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines responded by grounding their Dreamliner fleets, before all global aviation authorities ordered the planes be taken out of service until the problem has been rectified.
TUI-owned tour operator Thomson launched a £5.5m campaign last year to highlight the introduction of Dreamliner aircraft in May, focusing on the "cutting-edge" in-flight entertainment systems and noise reduction offered by the new planes.
In spite of the current crisis, a Thomson spokesman insisted the travel company is "not planning to make any changes to [its] Dreamliner marketing at this time".
At the time of the campaign launch last year, Jeremy Ellis, marketing director at TUI, claimed the Dreamliner aircraft is set to "set to innovate our holidays and change the way we travel".
Thomson will begin Dreamliner flights from Glasgow to Mexico and Florida from May.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire