Former DDB creative legend Bob Levenson dies aged 83
Bob Levenson, the former creative director and vice-chairman of Doyle Dane Bernbach, has died at the age of 83.
Bob Levenson: DDB creative legend
Levenson spent more than 25-years at DDB, joining as a copywriter in 1959 and moving on to write campaigns for clients including Volkswagen, Sara Lee and Mobil.
After leaving DDB in 1985 he later worked at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi.
Renowned as one of the best copywriters of the 1960s and 1970s, Levenson created copylines including "It makes your house look bigger" for the VW Beetle and "We want you to live" for Mobil.
Levenson inspired a generation of creatives on both sides of the Atlantic. David Abbott, who joined DDB New York in 1966, once told Campaign that Levenson was "a top gun in the DDB raiding party that changed the face of advertising forever."
According to a report in The New York Times, Levenson passed away on Wednesday due to "chronic obstructive pulmonary disease".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...