Former DDB creative legend Bob Levenson dies aged 83
Bob Levenson, the former creative director and vice-chairman of Doyle Dane Bernbach, has died at the age of 83.
Bob Levenson: DDB creative legend
Levenson spent more than 25-years at DDB, joining as a copywriter in 1959 and moving on to write campaigns for clients including Volkswagen, Sara Lee and Mobil.
After leaving DDB in 1985 he later worked at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi.
Renowned as one of the best copywriters of the 1960s and 1970s, Levenson created copylines including "It makes your house look bigger" for the VW Beetle and "We want you to live" for Mobil.
Levenson inspired a generation of creatives on both sides of the Atlantic. David Abbott, who joined DDB New York in 1966, once told Campaign that Levenson was "a top gun in the DDB raiding party that changed the face of advertising forever."
According to a report in The New York Times, Levenson passed away on Wednesday due to "chronic obstructive pulmonary disease".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30,000 TO £40,000, Macclesfield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...