Honda creates 'rotating' ad to showcase Civic benefits
Honda has rolled out a pan-European campaign that aims to showcase both the performance and practical benefits of the latest 1.6 diesel engine model in its Civic range.
The campaign, by Wieden & Kennedy London, includes a TV ad which uses a "rotating" technique to flip 180 degrees between performance features, such as the power of the engine, and its practical advantages as a family car.
A voiceover, again by US author Garrison Keillor, states: "Power or practical? Agile or efficient? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can’t you just have both? Yeah."
The ad, which launches in the UK tonight, ends with a palindromic 'Civic' graphic, which will appear across the campaign.
Entitled 'Decisions, Decisions' the campaign is the first pan-European push to be overseen by Martin Moll, new head of marketing for Honda Motor Europe. Previously head of marketing in the UK, Moll replaced Ian Armstrong, who joined Jaguar in a global marketing role.
Moll said: "On one hand, we needed to launch the new 1.6 diesel engine, whilst on the other, support the whole Civic range. The creative challenge for W+K was therefore to find a smart idea that allowed us to talk about both aspects of the car in one campaign"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)