Brylcreem mulls swapping Pietersen for Mad Men
Brylcreem is reviewing its strategy of using sport stars in its advertising, throwing its commercial relationship with cricket star Kevin Pietersen in doubt.
Brylcreem: currently features Kevin Pieterson as brand ambassador
Pietersen has been the brand's 'Brylcreem Boy' since 2009, following a line of other sportsmen who have fronted the brand, including David Beckham. In the 1960s, England cricketer Denis Compton fronted the brand's advertising.
Pietersen's deal is thought to be worth £2m over two years.
A spokesman for the brand told The Mail on Sunday: "We have used sport in the past and it's not the case that we definitely won’t use sports people again.
Last year, Brylcreem launched a limited-edition, cricket-themed pack to coincide with the start of the winter's Ashes Test series in Australia.
The red cricket ball-shaped tub, created by Echo, carried Pietersen's signature and contained a new product called Brylcreem Paste.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London