Coke defends itself against PM's 'excessive' consumption comments
Coca-Cola has rebutted criticism from Prime Minister David Cameron, who told Parliament he was trying to steer his children away from drinking Coke.
David Cameron: against 'excessive' Coca-Cola (picture credit: David Devins)
Speaking in the House of Commons last week, Cameron said he aimed to stop 'excessive' amounts of the beverage being consumed in his household.
He said public health was one of the biggest challenges facing the UK, adding: 'As someone trying to bring up three children without excessive amounts of Coca-Cola, I know how big this challenge is.'
The soft-drinks company responded by arguing that its drinks can be consumed as part of a 'balanced lifestyle'.
Hilary Quinn, brand director for North West Europe and Nordics at Coca Cola, said: 'Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I'm sure David Cameron knows as well as anyone that [a balanced lifestyle] is as much about calories out as calories in.'
Quinn was speaking to Marketing at the unveiling of a major CSR drive, partnering environmental charity WWF to invest in Arctic conservation projects and raise awareness of the plight of polar bears.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)