Barclaycard to sponsor Hyde Park gigs
Barclaycard has signed a five-year deal to sponsor the annual series of summer events at London's Hyde Park.
Hyde Park: music concerts have been dogged by controversy
It has previously backed the Wireless festival at the venue, and sponsors the Mercury Prize. It operates all its music-related sponsorships, including its ties to Wembley Arena and the NIA venue in Birmingham, under its Barclaycard Unwind sub-brand.
The Hyde Park deal follows The Royal Parks’ decision to appoint AEG Live as the event organiser for the venue in November, replacing Live Nation.
Dan Mathieson, head of sponsorship at Barclaycard, said the brand would use the events to showcase its latest payment technologies, as well as offering a branded hospitality area and a 48-hour pre-sale period for its customers.
The Hyde Park events have been dogged by a series of controversies, including sets by artists, such as Bruce Springsteen, being cut short due to licensing constraints, and complaints from residents.
The venue also faces com-petition from the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, which is expected to re-open for music events from July. Former Hyde Park promoted Live Nation has secured an exclusive deal to stage concerts at the venue. Both Wireless and Hard Rock Calling festivals are set to move to the Olympic site this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East