Barclaycard to sponsor Hyde Park gigs
Barclaycard has signed a five-year deal to sponsor the annual series of summer events at London's Hyde Park.
Hyde Park: music concerts have been dogged by controversy
It has previously backed the Wireless festival at the venue, and sponsors the Mercury Prize. It operates all its music-related sponsorships, including its ties to Wembley Arena and the NIA venue in Birmingham, under its Barclaycard Unwind sub-brand.
The Hyde Park deal follows The Royal Parks’ decision to appoint AEG Live as the event organiser for the venue in November, replacing Live Nation.
Dan Mathieson, head of sponsorship at Barclaycard, said the brand would use the events to showcase its latest payment technologies, as well as offering a branded hospitality area and a 48-hour pre-sale period for its customers.
The Hyde Park events have been dogged by a series of controversies, including sets by artists, such as Bruce Springsteen, being cut short due to licensing constraints, and complaints from residents.
The venue also faces com-petition from the Olympic Stadium in Stratford, which is expected to re-open for music events from July. Former Hyde Park promoted Live Nation has secured an exclusive deal to stage concerts at the venue. Both Wireless and Hard Rock Calling festivals are set to move to the Olympic site this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...