Carat wins Mail Connected's £250,000 prize on behalf of Santander
Aegis Media's Carat has won £250,000 of media space in Mail newspapers in the industry-wide competition launched by Mail Connected last month.
Zoe Bale: head of press at Carat (photo: Colin Stout)
Carat was judged to have provided the best answer to describe how advertising in Mail newspapers would help to drive their clients' traffic online, following an entry submitted on behalf of banking client Santander.
The entry was written and submitted by Celine Davies, associated director at Carat and the client.
Santander will now partner with The Mail to measure the effectiveness of this campaign in driving traffic to Santander’s website.
Rosemary Gorman, group ad director of Mail Connected, said: "We had a fantastic response to our competition, with entries received on behalf of 46 advertisers."
The research on which the newspaper brand's competition was based detailed a compelling story about the use of newspapers in digital activation campaigns. The research also revealed that Mail readers are less likely to navigate to advertisers’ websites using search engines, thus reducing the risk of interrupted online journeys.
Zoe Bale, head of press at Carat, said: "It’s a fantastic initiative by Mail Newspapers to demonstrate how print can drive and engage audiences online. Santander are over the moon with the win and we are all looking forward to seeing the results of the upcoming campaign."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing and Design Assiatnt Stopgap £20000 - £24000 per annum, South East England
- LEAD UX DESIGNER - SOUTH MANCHESTER - £58-60K + BONUS + BENEFIT Salt £55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Lancashire