Sainsbury's offers free fish in sustainability push
Sainsbury's is attempting to change consumer attitudes towards sustainable fish by offering shoppers a free, sustainable alternative, when they try to buy the most popular types of fish.
Sainsbury's: Switch The Fish initiative launches this week
The 'Switch The Fish' initiative will launch on Friday (25 January). It will be promoted via social media platforms using the #switchthefish hashtag, and with a series of infographics on Sainsbury's Facebook page about the UK's consumption of fish.
In total, Sainsbury's will give away seven tonnes of sustainable fish, including lemon sole, mussels, Cornish sardines and coley fillets as an alternative to cod, haddock, tuna, salmon and prawns.
Justin King, chief executive at Sainsbury's, said: "Sainsbury's is committed to fishing responsibly and helping change UK fish-eating habits.
"We know our customers care about responsibly sourced food and this is a great opportunity for them to try some alternative British fish for free."
Sainsbury's is also partnering with the Fishermen's Mission charity, which supports fishermen and their families at times of crisis, as part of the initiative.
For three weeks from 25 January, Sainsbury’s will donate 5p from every pack sold of the sustainable fish to the charity.
The campaign will also involve Sainsbury’s stocking a free 'Switch The Fish' booklet at fish counters, which will involve recipes and tips for cooking and preparing fish.
The activity fits into the brand's "Live well for less" brand idea, which marketing director Sarah Warby said she will look to continually evolve throughout the year.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...