DCM celebrates digital with 'emotional' idents
Digital Cinema Media, the cinema ad sales firm, has rebranded and created new idents, which will be shown before films in theatres to convey how cinema is the "most emotionally impactful medium on earth".
The idents will be shown in nearly 3,000 screens from Friday (25 January) and they were created in collaboration with DCM’s consultancy, Fearlessly Frank, and its long-time collaborator, artist Daniel Eatock.
The three films are based around the themes of 'Amazement', 'Laughter' and 'Suspense' and aim to make the most of the big screen by using tailored "surround sound" audio and dramatic cinema-quality images.
At Fearlessly Frank, the creative directors were Dan Eatock, Dan Neville, Tom McInnes and Nicola Thompson. The films were directed by Julian Gibbs at Intro.
Zöe Jones, who joined DCM as marketing director in October, said the new brand identity and idents were designed to represent the "dynamic, creative possibilities" offered by cinema advertising.
Jones said: "Tapping into the emotional power of the movies enables us to express this on the big screen through the first of a series of short films that we hope will not only entertain cinemagoers across the UK, but also show, rather than tell, how our digital transition enables deeper audience engagement through dynamic planning."
Fearlessly Frank is working on a broader initiative at DCM to reposition the ad sales house as a new digital media platform, following its switch to digital ad-serving at the end of September last year.
Ben Little, co-founder of Fearlessly Frank said: "For advertisers, cinema going digital is a bit like Dylan going electric was for music – exciting and full of possibility to experiment and innovate."
DCM is jointly owned by Odeon and Cineworld, and also has the third-party contract to sell ad at the Vue cinema chain, giving it around 80% of the market.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London