DCM celebrates digital with 'emotional' idents
Digital Cinema Media, the cinema ad sales firm, has rebranded and created new idents, which will be shown before films in theatres to convey how cinema is the "most emotionally impactful medium on earth".
The idents will be shown in nearly 3,000 screens from Friday (25 January) and they were created in collaboration with DCM’s consultancy, Fearlessly Frank, and its long-time collaborator, artist Daniel Eatock.
The three films are based around the themes of 'Amazement', 'Laughter' and 'Suspense' and aim to make the most of the big screen by using tailored "surround sound" audio and dramatic cinema-quality images.
At Fearlessly Frank, the creative directors were Dan Eatock, Dan Neville, Tom McInnes and Nicola Thompson. The films were directed by Julian Gibbs at Intro.
Zöe Jones, who joined DCM as marketing director in October, said the new brand identity and idents were designed to represent the "dynamic, creative possibilities" offered by cinema advertising.
Jones said: "Tapping into the emotional power of the movies enables us to express this on the big screen through the first of a series of short films that we hope will not only entertain cinemagoers across the UK, but also show, rather than tell, how our digital transition enables deeper audience engagement through dynamic planning."
Fearlessly Frank is working on a broader initiative at DCM to reposition the ad sales house as a new digital media platform, following its switch to digital ad-serving at the end of September last year.
Ben Little, co-founder of Fearlessly Frank said: "For advertisers, cinema going digital is a bit like Dylan going electric was for music – exciting and full of possibility to experiment and innovate."
DCM is jointly owned by Odeon and Cineworld, and also has the third-party contract to sell ad at the Vue cinema chain, giving it around 80% of the market.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London