Benetton to feature trans-sexual Brazilian model in Spring/Summer campaign
United Colors of Benetton is aligning the social issues it features in brand advertising with its product campaigns for the first time, through activity starring both a trans-sexual and disabled model.
Lea T: one of Benetton's new ambassadors
The product campaign, which launched in Paris this week, is seeking to drive home Benetton’s commitment to tackling taboo subjects by recruiting disabled German model Mario Galla and Lea T, a trans-sexual Brazilian model seeking to overcome prejudice.
In total, the product campaign for Benetton's Spring/Summer collection stars nine ambassadors the brand believes are trendsetters.
Limited edition T-shirts with images from the campaign will be sold through Benetton’s website. All proceeds from T-shirt sales will be donated to support activities of the Unhate Foundation charity, which has been set up to support the retailer’s "Unhate" brand activity.
Benetton’s focus on colour in the product campaign is paving the way for a new website, which will aggregate user-generated feeds from Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to build an online community "entirely dedicated to colours".
Activity for the product campaign has been created by Fabrica and will run online, outdoor and in press.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...