Benetton to feature trans-sexual Brazilian model in Spring/Summer campaign
United Colors of Benetton is aligning the social issues it features in brand advertising with its product campaigns for the first time, through activity starring both a trans-sexual and disabled model.
Lea T: one of Benetton's new ambassadors
The product campaign, which launched in Paris this week, is seeking to drive home Benetton’s commitment to tackling taboo subjects by recruiting disabled German model Mario Galla and Lea T, a trans-sexual Brazilian model seeking to overcome prejudice.
In total, the product campaign for Benetton's Spring/Summer collection stars nine ambassadors the brand believes are trendsetters.
Limited edition T-shirts with images from the campaign will be sold through Benetton’s website. All proceeds from T-shirt sales will be donated to support activities of the Unhate Foundation charity, which has been set up to support the retailer’s "Unhate" brand activity.
Benetton’s focus on colour in the product campaign is paving the way for a new website, which will aggregate user-generated feeds from Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to build an online community "entirely dedicated to colours".
Activity for the product campaign has been created by Fabrica and will run online, outdoor and in press.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London