Benetton to feature trans-sexual Brazilian model in Spring/Summer campaign
United Colors of Benetton is aligning the social issues it features in brand advertising with its product campaigns for the first time, through activity starring both a trans-sexual and disabled model.
Lea T: one of Benetton's new ambassadors
The product campaign, which launched in Paris this week, is seeking to drive home Benetton’s commitment to tackling taboo subjects by recruiting disabled German model Mario Galla and Lea T, a trans-sexual Brazilian model seeking to overcome prejudice.
In total, the product campaign for Benetton's Spring/Summer collection stars nine ambassadors the brand believes are trendsetters.
Limited edition T-shirts with images from the campaign will be sold through Benetton’s website. All proceeds from T-shirt sales will be donated to support activities of the Unhate Foundation charity, which has been set up to support the retailer’s "Unhate" brand activity.
Benetton’s focus on colour in the product campaign is paving the way for a new website, which will aggregate user-generated feeds from Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to build an online community "entirely dedicated to colours".
Activity for the product campaign has been created by Fabrica and will run online, outdoor and in press.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)