EDC turns to Hammersley
Paul Hammersley, the former managing partner and co-founder of The Red Brick Road, has joined EDC Communications, the owner of Dare and Elvis, as its UK group chief executive.
Hammersley: replaces Angus, who will take a new position at EDC’s owner, Vision7 International
Hammersley, who left TRBR in November last year, replaces Gregor Angus, who takes a soon-to-be-confirmed new role within Vision7 International, the holding group within which EDC sits.
Starting his EDC role in March, Hammersley will report to Brett Marchand, the group’s president and global chief executive.
EDC, which also owns the PR agency Citizen Relations and the design shop Identica, said Hammersley was hired for his strong leadership track record in the UK and the US.
Before co-founding TRBR in 2005, Hammersley was the chief executive and chairman of DDB London for a year and the chief executive of Lowe North America from 2001 to 2004. He was also the chief executive of Lowe London after spending the first nine years of his career at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Marchand said: "Paul and I worked together at Lowe. He’s an impressive individual with great creative vision and leadership skills. He is the perfect fit for EDC and our future plans."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)