EDC turns to Hammersley
Paul Hammersley, the former managing partner and co-founder of The Red Brick Road, has joined EDC Communications, the owner of Dare and Elvis, as its UK group chief executive.
Hammersley: replaces Angus, who will take a new position at EDC’s owner, Vision7 International
Hammersley, who left TRBR in November last year, replaces Gregor Angus, who takes a soon-to-be-confirmed new role within Vision7 International, the holding group within which EDC sits.
Starting his EDC role in March, Hammersley will report to Brett Marchand, the group’s president and global chief executive.
EDC, which also owns the PR agency Citizen Relations and the design shop Identica, said Hammersley was hired for his strong leadership track record in the UK and the US.
Before co-founding TRBR in 2005, Hammersley was the chief executive and chairman of DDB London for a year and the chief executive of Lowe North America from 2001 to 2004. He was also the chief executive of Lowe London after spending the first nine years of his career at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Marchand said: "Paul and I worked together at Lowe. He’s an impressive individual with great creative vision and leadership skills. He is the perfect fit for EDC and our future plans."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...