Brand Barometer: Anthony Nolan's latest viral campaign reviewed
Social video expert Goviral evaluates Anthony Nolan's latest viral campaign, with "ones to watch" from Nike Golf, Microsoft Research and Hertz.
A decent effort... ticks all the important boxes
9 / 10
Anthony Nolan: Make Some Noise About Blood Cancer
This campaign eschews the depressing imagery often found in health-related charity ads in favour of a strategy built around entertainment.
Blood-cancer charity Anthony Nolan knows how to capture the attention of its young male target audience. The video features a live stage performance by Bass6, a beatboxer who creates music to words projected onto a screen. When the words 'blood cancer' appear the artist says there is no music in cancer, but stresses the importance of making 'noise' about it.
This is a decent effort that ticks all the important boxes: it's short, entertaining and gets its message across. It shows that even a delicate topic can be presented in an engaging way, an approach that should be used more often in the sector.
Ones to watch: Viral hits from this week
Nike Golf: No Cup is Safe
Nike showcases its brand ambassador Rory McIlroy, with whom it recently struck a multi-million-pound deal. He stars alongside Tiger Woods in this humorous video.
Microsoft Research - IllumiRoom
IllumiRoom is a proof-of-concept project intended to 'push the boundary of living-room immersive entertainment by blending virtual and physical worlds with projected visualisations'.
Hertz - SkiBrogugues
This video appears to promote an invention - boots with retractable skis. The product is actually a fake, however, conjured up to promote Hertz and its ski-destination rental rates.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...