Icelandic low-cost carrier WOW Air appoints Rooster PR
WOW Air has turned to Rooster PR to help promote the recently-launched Icelandic airline in the UK.
WOW Air: Aiming to be seen as fun and low cost
Rooster will seek to raise public awareness of the WOW brand following a competitive pitch.
Rooster will develop and deliver a strategic mix of campaigns in the UK and manage all press relations for the airline.
The agency will also promote WOW air’s summer schedule, which will see the airline flying from London to Reykjavik 13 times a week, from June 2013.
Their messaging will focus on WOW’s positioning as a low cost airline that brings fun to flying.
This includes a bright purple colour theme, ‘tongue-in-cheek attitude’ and humorous on-board announcements.
WOW air was established in November 2011 by entrepreneur, Skúli Mogensen, who has over 15 years of international business experience.
Mogensen said the appointment came ahead during a ‘pivotal’ time as the company sought to increase its activity in the summer.
He said: ‘The UK is a key market for WOW air, so we are enthusiastic about having such a strong voice there.’
The Rooster team will report to Svana Fridriksdottir, Wow Air’s director of comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Mid/Senior Designer £30-35k Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...