Icelandic low-cost carrier WOW Air appoints Rooster PR
WOW Air has turned to Rooster PR to help promote the recently-launched Icelandic airline in the UK.
WOW Air: Aiming to be seen as fun and low cost
Rooster will seek to raise public awareness of the WOW brand following a competitive pitch.
Rooster will develop and deliver a strategic mix of campaigns in the UK and manage all press relations for the airline.
The agency will also promote WOW air’s summer schedule, which will see the airline flying from London to Reykjavik 13 times a week, from June 2013.
Their messaging will focus on WOW’s positioning as a low cost airline that brings fun to flying.
This includes a bright purple colour theme, ‘tongue-in-cheek attitude’ and humorous on-board announcements.
WOW air was established in November 2011 by entrepreneur, Skúli Mogensen, who has over 15 years of international business experience.
Mogensen said the appointment came ahead during a ‘pivotal’ time as the company sought to increase its activity in the summer.
He said: ‘The UK is a key market for WOW air, so we are enthusiastic about having such a strong voice there.’
The Rooster team will report to Svana Fridriksdottir, Wow Air’s director of comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London