McDonald's runs ad to knock rival Burger King
McDonald's is today running press ads aimed squarely at attacking its rival Burger King, which has been caught up in the horsemeat scandal.
McDonald's: press ad promotes fast-food chain's beef burger content
Burger King has been forced to dump thousands of its products, including Whoppers and Angus Burgers, which were sourced from the Irish beef supplier Silvercrest, where horsemeat DNA was found.
The McDonald's print ad, created by Leo Burnett, is running today in the Metro, The Sun, the Mirror and the Daily Star, and proclaims that its burgers are "100% beef."
The ad says, "B is for the 100% British & Irish beef in our burgers."
It forms part of McDonald's A-Z series of ads, which initially launched in 2011, and appears the day after news that Burger King had been forced into dumping burgers sourced from the Silvercrest factory.
McDonald’s said the ad was part of an on-going campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)