McDonald's runs ad to knock rival Burger King
McDonald's is today running press ads aimed squarely at attacking its rival Burger King, which has been caught up in the horsemeat scandal.
McDonald's: press ad promotes fast-food chain's beef burger content
Burger King has been forced to dump thousands of its products, including Whoppers and Angus Burgers, which were sourced from the Irish beef supplier Silvercrest, where horsemeat DNA was found.
The McDonald's print ad, created by Leo Burnett, is running today in the Metro, The Sun, the Mirror and the Daily Star, and proclaims that its burgers are "100% beef."
The ad says, "B is for the 100% British & Irish beef in our burgers."
It forms part of McDonald's A-Z series of ads, which initially launched in 2011, and appears the day after news that Burger King had been forced into dumping burgers sourced from the Silvercrest factory.
McDonald’s said the ad was part of an on-going campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London