Kellogg restructures marketing team in wake of Pringles purchase
Kellogg's UK marketing chief, Peter Harrison, is to assume a more commercial role following the company's acquisition of snack brand Pringles.
Kellogg: restructuring marketing team
Last year’s deal has prompted Kellogg to split its European business into two units, ‘cereal’ and ‘snack’, based in Dublin and Geneva respectively.
Harrison’s role is subsequently changing from marketing director to marketing and commercial director. He is expected to take on additional commercial responsibilities alongside his day-to-day UK cereal marketing duties.
It is understood that the restructure has led to about 10 UK-based marketers moving from Kellogg’s UK headquarters in Manchester to the new divisions in Dublin and Geneva.
The restructure is not expected to lead to any redundancies.
Kellogg bought Pringles from Procter & Gamble last year for £1.8bn.
Separately, it has been revealed that Kellogg is to relaunch its healthy-living breakfast cereal Special K with a £5m ad campaign and the first reformulation of the product in 30 years.
From April, all variants of the cereal will include barley, as well as wheat and rice. The new recipe has been tested in Italy and Spain.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)