US retailer David's Bridal poised for UK debut
The biggest wedding-dress retailer in the US, David's Bridal, is plotting a UK launch that could redefine the sector, which is dominated by independents.
David's Bridal: dresses "one-in-three" US brides
The chain, which claims to dress one in three US brides, has approached agencies about an aggressive through-the-line campaign to support its expansion to the UK this year.
David's Bridal was acquired by private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for $1bn in October. CD&R also agreed to acquire a significant stake in UK discount retailer B&M last month.
David's Bridal has about 300 retail stores in the US and Canada selling wedding gowns, special-occasion dresses and accessories. Alongside wedding dresses for as little as $100, the retailer also offers a designer service, including ranges such as White by Vera Wang.
Few bridal brands have their own retail stores in the UK, with the exception of high-end labels such as Temperley.
High-street names such as Topshop, BHS, Monsoon and even Asda have attempted to crack the lucrative market by offering bridal ranges.
David's Bridal was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...