US retailer David's Bridal poised for UK debut
The biggest wedding-dress retailer in the US, David's Bridal, is plotting a UK launch that could redefine the sector, which is dominated by independents.
David's Bridal: dresses "one-in-three" US brides
The chain, which claims to dress one in three US brides, has approached agencies about an aggressive through-the-line campaign to support its expansion to the UK this year.
David's Bridal was acquired by private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for $1bn in October. CD&R also agreed to acquire a significant stake in UK discount retailer B&M last month.
David's Bridal has about 300 retail stores in the US and Canada selling wedding gowns, special-occasion dresses and accessories. Alongside wedding dresses for as little as $100, the retailer also offers a designer service, including ranges such as White by Vera Wang.
Few bridal brands have their own retail stores in the UK, with the exception of high-end labels such as Temperley.
High-street names such as Topshop, BHS, Monsoon and even Asda have attempted to crack the lucrative market by offering bridal ranges.
David's Bridal was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- European Marketing Co-ordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Rugby
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg