Fishburn Hedges' Ayesha Bharmal in move to AstraZeneca
Ayesha Bharmal has left her position of board director and head of health after nearly eight years at Fishburn Hedges to join AstraZeneca's international comms team.
Strategy review: AstraZeneca hires Ayesha Bharmal
Bharmal will be global media director at the pharma giant from 4 February. She will report to head of global media relations Esra Erkal-Paler.
She will handle proactive media relations, working to promote stories that help fit with AstraZeneca’s corporate business plan. She will also have a specific focus on UK corporate comms.
The appointment of new chief executive Pascal Soriot last October has prompted a strategy review across the company, the results of which are expected to be announced alongside a financial update.
Fishburn Hedges, which set up a 12-strong dedicated healthcare team under Bharmal’s leadership in March 2011, has not confirmed a replacement.
However, chief executive Fiona Thorne told PRWeek that the agency had a model of ‘specialist expertise in sectors and disciplines, but with no formal boundaries or silos’, meaning the agency will ‘continue to grow and expand’ its work in healthcare across the business.
The healthcare team was set up to offer seamless comms advice for healthcare clients, supported by an advisory panel of NHS clinicians and managers to provide insight from within the sector.
Bharmal’s primary aim in the role was to drive new business, building the agency’s speciality across the public, private and voluntary sectors. Current clients include Celesio UK, Novartis and the Health Foundation.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London