Weber Shandwick shakes up consumer practice
Weber Shandwick is shaking up and expanding its consumer offer, giving Rachel Friend the newly created role of senior MD, as well as appointing marketing veteran Andrew Marsden as an adviser.
Rachel Friend: Stepping into a new role
Friend will be tasked with aligning all the consumer businesses at Weber Shandwick, comprising consumer, sports marketing, consumer tech, consumer health, digital consumer marketing and the in-house production agency Creation.
Friend joined the agency in August 2010 and was previously head of consumer PR at Sainsbury’s.
She has overseen the consumer and sports marketing team, delivering two Olympic campaigns and winning briefs from brands including Electrolux, Motorola, RDIO, Nespresso, Warburtons and Young’s.
Additionally, the agency has appointed former Britvic CMO Andrew Marsden as non-executive director.
With 25 years of board experience at both Britvic and Unilever, and 35 years as a marketing director, Marsden is taking up an advisory role to Friend’s newly created consumer marketing board.
It has also promoted Andrew Ager to creative director, Wayne Fick to art director and Liz Wolstenholme to head of planning, UK consumer.
Friend said: ‘In a transparent, 24/7 world, PR is one of the few marketing disciplines able to integrate complex messages to multiple audiences, whether they are media, consumers, influencers or bloggers. PR has the ability to create compelling stories and tell them in real time, shaping, reacting and responding to conversations for brands.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)