Weber Shandwick shakes up consumer practice
Weber Shandwick is shaking up and expanding its consumer offer, giving Rachel Friend the newly created role of senior MD, as well as appointing marketing veteran Andrew Marsden as an adviser.
Rachel Friend: Stepping into a new role
Friend will be tasked with aligning all the consumer businesses at Weber Shandwick, comprising consumer, sports marketing, consumer tech, consumer health, digital consumer marketing and the in-house production agency Creation.
Friend joined the agency in August 2010 and was previously head of consumer PR at Sainsbury’s.
She has overseen the consumer and sports marketing team, delivering two Olympic campaigns and winning briefs from brands including Electrolux, Motorola, RDIO, Nespresso, Warburtons and Young’s.
Additionally, the agency has appointed former Britvic CMO Andrew Marsden as non-executive director.
With 25 years of board experience at both Britvic and Unilever, and 35 years as a marketing director, Marsden is taking up an advisory role to Friend’s newly created consumer marketing board.
It has also promoted Andrew Ager to creative director, Wayne Fick to art director and Liz Wolstenholme to head of planning, UK consumer.
Friend said: ‘In a transparent, 24/7 world, PR is one of the few marketing disciplines able to integrate complex messages to multiple audiences, whether they are media, consumers, influencers or bloggers. PR has the ability to create compelling stories and tell them in real time, shaping, reacting and responding to conversations for brands.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London