Luther Pendragon helps with multi-million-pound FastJet dispute
Luther Pendragon has been drafted in to work for a Kenya-based businessman locked in a multi-million pound dispute with Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou's new airline, FastJet.
Kenya Fly540: Became FastJet
The agency is supporting Kenya Fly540, part of Five Forty Aviation, which claims it is still owed US$6.8m (£4.3m) from the £55m deal that saw the Kenyan airline become FastJet. Kenya Fly540 CEO Don Smith claims the current situation means the sale has not been completed. FastJet rejected his claims, telling The Sunday Times: ‘Smith and his partners have been paid all amounts due to them.’
According to Five Forty Aviation, the dispute centres on ‘financial support given to Fly540 Tanzania as well as branches in Angola, Ghana and elsewhere… [and] does not relate to monies owed to individuals or any executive of Five Forty Aviation’.
Smith commented: ‘Luther’s reputation for handling intricate matters is far-reaching. Its ability to apply strategic thinking to the communication of complex issues made it a partner of choice.’
Director Harry Chathli is leading the Luther Pendragon team.
FastJet was created last June after the £55m all-share deal that saw Fly540 reverse into AIM-listed Rubicon. Rubicon was renamed FastJet – a brand name owned by Sir Stelios, who was given a five per cent stake.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Exectutive wanted - Integrated / BTL Agency - FMCG account! Fill Recruitment Ltd Competitive and D.O.E and level, South West London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...