Hit or Miss? Sandals offers retort to Katie Price's media attack on its resort
Katie Price made headlines this week when a rant in her column for The Sun attacking resort brand Sandals backfired.
Price not right: Column criticised Sandals
Price said her wedding was almost ruined at the Royal Bahamian resort, that she was asked ‘are you a porn star?’ by a butler and that her wedding tent ‘looked like it came out of B&Q’. Sandals responded: ‘We are willing to offer her a refund on condition she does not choose our resorts for any future weddings or stays.’
How I see it
Nick Ede, director, EdenCancan
I’m a huge fan of Katie Price – no matter what people say, she bounces back more times than a Star Wars sequel and I cannot fault her business acumen.
However, Price is the poster child for courting publicity and the Sandals backlash is a clear example of the old adage ‘don’t bite the hand that feeds you’.
As much as I admire Price, you have to applaud Sandals for taking the bull by the horns and addressing the potentially negative PR surrounding her comments about the resort.
By offering a complete refund on the condition that she never returns to its establishment again, Sandals sent a clear message to distance itself from brand Katie Price, while at the same time capitalising on the hype to generate further column inches for itself.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East