YouTube plans to challenge cable and Netflix with paid-for channels
YouTube is planning the next phase of its development and is reported to be launching pay-per-view channels, which would see it challenge cable TV as well as streaming services such as Netflix and LoveFilm.
YouTube: reportedly set to launch pay-per-view channels
According to various reports, Google's YouTube has been in contact with a number of content producers with a view to supplying it with programming, which could be priced in the region of $1 to $5 (63p to £3.17) a month.Follow @gordonmacmillan
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...