Omnicom Media Group hands £140m outdoor task to Talon
The outdoor buying sector is set for its first major shake-up since the creation of Kinetic in 2005 after Omnicom Media Group awarded its £140 million outdoor business to Talon Outdoor, led by the former Kinetic chief executive Eric Newnham.
Outdoor: move leaves Posterscope with 30 per cent of market
The move is a blow for Aegis’ Posterscope, which has worked on the business for OMG shops, including PHD, OMD UK, Manning Gottlieb OMD and M2M, for around 20 years.
Posterscope executives are believed to have been told the move was motivated by the impending £3.2 billion take-over of Aegis by Dentsu.
It is thought that Glen Wilson, Posterscope’s UK managing director, was informed the agency was losing the OMG business last week and that he and Annie Rickard, the global chief executive, told staff on Monday.
Colin Gottlieb, the chief executive of OMG EMEA, said the opportunity to drive exciting change with Talon "proved irresistible".
A 30-strong team at Posterscope currently services the OMG business and it is understood that they will be covered by Tupe legislation.
One industry source said Posterscope executives were "shocked at the brutality" and speed of the decision.
The account will move on 1 April and leave Posterscope with around 30 per cent of the £970 million outdoor market. Talon will expand to account for around 15 per cent alongside Rapport. Kinetic will continue to have 40 per cent.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Online Marketing Communications Manager Ascot International Up to £30,000 per annum, South London region
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...