Brunswick's Michael Buckley to join Facebook as comms vice-president
Brunswick Group's US managing partner Michael Buckley is leaving the agency for a top communications role at Facebook.
Facebook: New comms vice-president
Buckley will join Facebook in the US as V-P of business communications. Starting in March, he will be responsible for international, monetization, corporate, consumer and policy communications. He will report to V-P of communications and public policy Elliott Schrage.
A Facebook spokesperson said: 'Many on our team have known and worked with [Buckley] for years – both at Facebook and in previous jobs. He is passionate about communications and brings a wealth of experience to Facebook.'
At Brunswick, Buckley also serves on the firm's executive committee. Since joining the firm in 2001, Buckley has worked with clients including Facebook, AT&T, Chevron and Cisco on issues such as investor relations and M&A.
'The opportunity to work for a company that is literally changing the way the world connects is a remarkable one, and as a communicator I'm particularly drawn to the mission of making the world more open and connected. While leaving a rapidly growing and incredibly talented firm like Brunswick is never easy, I'm ecstatic that I will become a client,' Buckley said.
Before Brunswick, he served as senior MD and national director of the litigation group at Hill & Knowlton.
Joe Lockhart, former V-P of global communications at Facebook, left the social networking giant last October. Glover Park Group, a firm he co-founded, said last week that Lockhart would return to the agency as a senior adviser.
After a turbulent IPO last year, Facebook reported a 40% revenue increase to $1.59 billion during the fourth quarter of 2012. Brunswick worked with Facebook during its IPO process.
This article was originally published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Executive PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + benefits, London