Department for Business, Innovation and Skills seeks agency to encourage start-ups
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has put out a tender for PR help to encourage people to launch their own business.
Growth: BIS wants to encourage new businesses
The Business in You scheme was launched by the Prime Minister last year and is a partnership between Government and private enterprise with the aim of driving economic growth.
The tender is for project work for an agency to spread awareness of Business in You.
A spokesperson said: ‘BIS is looking to recruit an agency that can deliver a strategic plan with a local focus to create awareness of Business in You and improve understanding of what help and advice is available.’
Business in You kicked off in January 2012 as part of a wider drive around SMEs.
As well as encouraging people to start their own companies, it offers support for start-ups and growing businesses – a key focus within the Prime Minister’s battle to revive the economy.
This January, David Cameron pumped a further £30m into the Government’s Start-Up Loans initiative, which is aimed at helping young people to get started in business.
PRWeek revealed last August (3 August 2002) that BIS had also launched an agency tender to help boost the image of further education.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region