RB switches focus to Air Wick scent for first time
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is investing £4m behind its Air Wick brand, including a TV spot that marks a change in strategy, as for the first time a campaign will highlight the scent of the brand.
Air Wick: latest TV ad focuses on product fragrance
Previously, advertising campaigns for Air Wick have focused on its various formulations, such as sprays, candles and gels.
However, this latest advertising activity will for the first time concentrate on Air Wick's seasonal fragrances.
The ad breaks today and, according to RB, "shows how Air Wick's seasonal fragrances are so evocative they take your imagination on a journey of fantasy."
It takes place inside a bottle of Air Wick fragrance, which is full of magical representations of spring. The ad follows the heroine as she discovers this world and the spirit of spring unfolds before her.
The campaign launches with Air Wick’s 'Spring Collection', showcasing its Crisp Linen & Lilac fragrance.
Jerome Lemaire, RB UK marketing director, said: "Fragrance is tied up with emotion and memory. We see category sales grow by more than 35% value in the Christmas season, due to that emotional connection with seasonal fragrance. Until now, no other season's fragrance has been captured and positioned in the same way, despite their own evocative smells.
"In 2013, Air Wick is going to reignite the home fragrance market by getting consumers to make those seasonal connections and start to think differently about home fragrance all through the year, and not just at Christmas."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)