VW in agency talks for launch of new vehicles
Europe's largest car maker Volkswagen is understood to have held
meetings with a number of agencies as it looks to secure consumer PR
support for vehicle launches next year.
Industry sources indicated this week that the brief is likely to centre
on the launch of a luxury car line, code-named Project D1, in 2002.
The vehicles will be publicly unveiled for the first time at the Geneva
Motor Show in spring next year, with the cars going on sale in the UK
towards the end of the year.
At least three agencies are understood to have held discussions with VW,
but due to confidentiality clauses, all refused to discuss the matter
A spokesperson for the car manufacturer's comms team refused to confirm
details of the pitch, adding: 'You cannot expect us to comment on
anything we may or may not be doing'.
However, sources within the industry indicate that pitches will take
place in the next month.
It is understood there will be two different vehicle types in the range,
which are targeted at the prestigious large vehicle market.
While no details about the account have been released, it is likely to
be worth a sizeable six-figure sum and run for an initial one-year
period from January next year.
News of the pitch follows last week's announcement that the Volkswagen
Group is to shake up its brands into two distinct groups.
The plan will see 'sporty' marques - Audi, Seat and Lamborghini - form
one group, while another 'classic' group will comprise the VW, Skoda,
Bentley and Bugatti brands.
The company estimates that the process will cost £19.3bn, and will
commence next year to conclude by 2006.
The move is aimed at eliminating model overlap between brands within the
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London