Dulux UK marketing director Letty Edwards exits company
Letty Edwards, the marketer responsible for reviving the Dulux dog mascot, has left her role as UK marketing director of the brand after more than a decade with the company.
Dulux: UK marketing director Letty Edwards leaving
Edwards, who reported to Matt Pullen, North Europe marketing director at Akzo-Nobel's Decorative Coatings, left the paint brand last month. A former Bass and Tetley Tea marketer, Edwards joined Dulux's then-owner, ICI Paints, as brand manager for innovation in 2000.
Dulux-owner AkzoNobel is now on the hunt for a marketer to replace her.
Pullen insisted that there remained 'strong market leadership' across all brands in the UK and Ireland, but said he expected an appointment to be made 'in the not too-distant future'.
Edwards oversaw the brand's 50th anniversary celebrations in 2011, including the return of Dulux's famed Old English sheepdog mascot to UK screens in 2011. The dog had last been seen in a Dulux TV ad in 2003.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex