PRWeek TV: Social media and FTSE 100 firms
FTSE 100 firms' use of social media is more important for reputation, consumer relationships and damage mitigation than for its direct effect on share price and business performance, experts have said.
PRWeek TV: The FTSE 100 social media index
Talking to PRWeek TV, Alex Pearmain, director at Brands2Life and former head of social media at O2, and Chris Jackson, head of digital at Cicero, said the rise pointed to an understanding of the benefits of using social media, but that measuring its effects was trickier.
Pearmain and Jackson were talking following the publication of PRWeek's feature on FTSE 100 companies' use of social media with the latest index by The Group of their activity compared to last year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire