PRWeek TV: Social media and FTSE 100 firms
FTSE 100 firms' use of social media is more important for reputation, consumer relationships and damage mitigation than for its direct effect on share price and business performance, experts have said.
PRWeek TV: The FTSE 100 social media index
Talking to PRWeek TV, Alex Pearmain, director at Brands2Life and former head of social media at O2, and Chris Jackson, head of digital at Cicero, said the rise pointed to an understanding of the benefits of using social media, but that measuring its effects was trickier.
Pearmain and Jackson were talking following the publication of PRWeek's feature on FTSE 100 companies' use of social media with the latest index by The Group of their activity compared to last year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire