PRWeek TV: Social media and FTSE 100 firms
FTSE 100 firms' use of social media is more important for reputation, consumer relationships and damage mitigation than for its direct effect on share price and business performance, experts have said.
PRWeek TV: The FTSE 100 social media index
Talking to PRWeek TV, Alex Pearmain, director at Brands2Life and former head of social media at O2, and Chris Jackson, head of digital at Cicero, said the rise pointed to an understanding of the benefits of using social media, but that measuring its effects was trickier.
Pearmain and Jackson were talking following the publication of PRWeek's feature on FTSE 100 companies' use of social media with the latest index by The Group of their activity compared to last year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Art Director x3 AF Selection £40,000 - £55,000, Warwickshire
- Business Development Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus , City of London
- Digital Communications / Engagement Manager Badenoch & Clark £40000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Business Development Manager Major Players £40000 - £42000 per annum + Bonus , City of London