PRWeek TV: Social media and FTSE 100 firms
FTSE 100 firms' use of social media is more important for reputation, consumer relationships and damage mitigation than for its direct effect on share price and business performance, experts have said.
PRWeek TV: The FTSE 100 social media index
Talking to PRWeek TV, Alex Pearmain, director at Brands2Life and former head of social media at O2, and Chris Jackson, head of digital at Cicero, said the rise pointed to an understanding of the benefits of using social media, but that measuring its effects was trickier.
Pearmain and Jackson were talking following the publication of PRWeek's feature on FTSE 100 companies' use of social media with the latest index by The Group of their activity compared to last year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 + Car, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...