Publicis to merge Digitas and LBi
Publicis is to merge its digital agencies Digitas and LBi to create a single network called DigitasLBi.
The merger follows the recent completion of Publicis’ £333 million acquisition of LBi after a deal was brokered last September.
Luke Taylor, the chief executive of LBi, has been appointed as the global chief executive of the new network, which will employ 5,700 staff in 25 countries.
Colin Kinsella, the chief executive of Digitas North America, will continue in his role.
Maurice Levy, the chairman and chief executive of Publicis, claimed that the integration of Digitas, which has its power base in the US, and LBi, which is stronger in Europe, will create "the largest, most complete concentration of digital skills and competencies in the world."
In the UK, there is unlikely to be an immediate merger of the London office of LBi with Kitcatt Nohr Digitas.
Taylor will report to Bob Lord, the chief executive of Publicis Groupe’s Digital Technology Division. The merger process will be overseen by a team led by Stephen Beringer, the chief executive of Digitas and Razorfish International.
Taylor said: "DigitasLBi represents the first time that insight, content and distribution has been brought together in one agency, providing clients with a truly integrated, best-in-class, global offering."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...