Flack: Borgen's biggest fan and ginger genes
As part of work to raise awareness around poverty, the team at Bell Pottinger Consumer had five days eating and drinking on a budget of £5.
Flack: Miki Haines-Sanger
While the smartest bought in bulk, apparently those less inclined to long-term thinking have been left staring ravenously at the cake trolley ...
Tip: if you want to intervene in an interview as a PR professional, realise a journalist may not like it. It appears an over-zealous PRO for The X Factor's Ella Henderson took umbrage at the 17-year-old being asked whether she was a feminist. The fact it made a separate story leads Flack to suspect the intervention may have just backfired ...
A big fan of Danish drama Borgen, Portland's Alastair Campbell recently got to interview some of the cast in a piece for The Times. This is the same Borgen which, as The Times puts it, just so happens to be about 'the Prime Minister's intimate relationship with her tormented media adviser'. Flack's not sure about intimate, but there's nothing like a bit of close-to-home viewing to while away the hours ...
Recent work by Golden Goose promoting a story on DNA testing that can check if a parent is carrying the ginger gene got founder Miki Haines-Sanger thinking. With seven weeks to go until the arrival of her second baby, she told Flack: 'In spite of being half-Japanese, my dad is ginger for a start ...' Does Flack detect a hint of nervousness? ...
They - Flack isn't sure who, exactly - say that PR is about the art of persuasion, and one of the Berkeley PR lot took this to heart as the agency got all fun-loving and celebrated National Storytelling Week.
Spot the cone-headed elephant on the far left, and his slightly sinister command. What if Flack doesn't want to pretend? It dares not even contemplate ...
The folks at LDR London wasted no time scrabbling around the craps board in Brighton this week, celebrating the pop-up prohibition-style bar, The Buffalo Bourbon Empire.
The agency celebrated the second incarnation of the 1920s speakeasy, held at The Wick Inn, after the success of the bar in London last October to promote Buffalo Trace bourbon. Cheeky whiskeys all round!
While recent Flack tales have included food mimicking body parts, it was on with the apron and easy with the icing as part of an effort by Frank PR to raise £100 for one of the team at client Hotel.com, who is running the London Marathon.
Their efforts are as noble as his are insane ...
Send your gossip and pictures to email@example.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRANDING Royds Raphael £40k-£55k, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager- contract & permanent Royds Raphael £36k-£45k / £160-£200 day rate, London