Team Saatchi and Masius to merge
Saatchi & Saatchi has hired Fallon's Katrien De Bauw to the new role of chief operating officer and taken ownership of its sister Publicis Groupe ad agency Masius.
De Bauw: new role’s remit includes running day-to-day operations and overseeing key accounts
De Bauw, who will report to Magnus Djaba, the chief executive, will run day-to-day operations, manage growth and oversee a number of Saatchi & Saatchi’s key accounts.
Her role has been created in response to the agency’s new ownership of Masius, which will be merged with Team Saatchi and renamed Saatchi Masius, as well as its recent acquisition of the digital shop Outside Line.
The merger, which is due to be completed this month, aims to combine the delivery capability of Team Saatchi and the creative strength of Saatchi & Saatchi in a new company "designed to take on a broad spectrum of marketing challenges".
Chris Dell, the chief executive of Masius, and Surrey Garland, its executive creative director, will lead Saatchi Masius.
De Bauw joins Saatchi & Saatchi from its sister agency Fallon, where she was the managing director. She will be replaced at Fallon by the head of account management, James Townsend.
Djaba said: "I had the pleasure of working with Katrien for six years at Fallon, and she is an instinctive, experienced and motivating leader who will help steer us through the next phase in our agency’s growth and development."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)