Kevin Mathers takes the helm at YouTube
Kevin Mathers, director of media solutions at Google UK, has been promoted to the position of managing director of YouTube, sales and operations as Google looks to boost the video site in the UK.
Kevin Mathers: managing director of YouTube
A source close to Google said Mathers will continue to take a lead role in media solutions but the new role is designed to reinforce YouTube’s presence and importance in the UK.
Mathers will now report to Dan Cobley, managing director of Google in the UK and Ireland, rather than to Benjamin Faes, the managing director of media and platform at Google across Northern and Central Europe.
As director of media solutions since January 2012 following the departure of Bruce Daisley, Mathers has been responsible for the introduction and growth of ad products including search, YouTube and other video, display, commerce, social and mobile.
A former captain in the British army, Mathers has been at Google since 2006 when he joined as head of partnerships for ISPs, portals and search. He held the role of industry leader of technology between March 2010 and January 2012.
After leaving the army in 1999, Mathers spent two years as a senior project manager at T-Mobile and then two years as a manager in the strategy and operations consulting arm of Deloitte.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)