Sony reviews US consumer electronics support
Sony Electronics is in the early stages of a pitch process in the US for its consumer electronics business, putting incumbent Atomic on alert.
Sony: Reviewing US agency
Sony's director of comms Valerie Motis said it is 'early on in the process,' and the review was something the 'procurement department requires every now and again' to make sure the business is getting the services it needs for the right price.
'We want to be sure that we're doing the right thing agency-wise going forward,' said Motis, adding that Sony has also changed its comms goals slightly, but declined to give further details on its new objectives or the review.
Sony Electronics appointed Atomic US as its retained agency for PR and social media in May 2011. The agency handles all PR, social media and digital for the company's PCs, tablets, cameras, camcorders, home theatre and audio products, as well as for Sony retail stores.
Last May, Atomic opened an office in Orange County, California, to support three clients, one of which was Sony. The firm previously worked with car audio and home entertainment company Pioneer Electronics, but resigned the account to work with Sony.
Atomic representatives could not be immediately reached for comment.
Sony called a pitch at the beginning of the year for its retained PR business for Hong Kong.
This article was first published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1