Sony reviews US consumer electronics support
Sony Electronics is in the early stages of a pitch process in the US for its consumer electronics business, putting incumbent Atomic on alert.
Sony: Reviewing US agency
Sony's director of comms Valerie Motis said it is 'early on in the process,' and the review was something the 'procurement department requires every now and again' to make sure the business is getting the services it needs for the right price.
'We want to be sure that we're doing the right thing agency-wise going forward,' said Motis, adding that Sony has also changed its comms goals slightly, but declined to give further details on its new objectives or the review.
Sony Electronics appointed Atomic US as its retained agency for PR and social media in May 2011. The agency handles all PR, social media and digital for the company's PCs, tablets, cameras, camcorders, home theatre and audio products, as well as for Sony retail stores.
Last May, Atomic opened an office in Orange County, California, to support three clients, one of which was Sony. The firm previously worked with car audio and home entertainment company Pioneer Electronics, but resigned the account to work with Sony.
Atomic representatives could not be immediately reached for comment.
Sony called a pitch at the beginning of the year for its retained PR business for Hong Kong.
This article was first published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London