Foster's celebrates 125th anniversary with multimillion-pound push
Heineken UK is launching a multimillion-pound marketing campaign for Foster's to begin a year-long celebration of the lager brand's 125th anniversary.
Foster's: launches 125th anniversary celebration ad
The TV spot, "anticipation", recreates the moment in Melbourne in 1888 when the lager was first introduced to the people of Australia.
It opens in the searing heat of an Australian summer, with a large gathering of people at the front of a town hall building. Brothers William and Ralph Foster – played by the actors who play the brand’s usual ambassadors 'Brad and Dan' – let the mayor sample their new beverage. Upon tasting the lager, the mayor praises it with the words "little ripper".
The ad, created by Adam & Eve DDB, closes with an adaptation of the brand's current endline, "Foster’s. Good Call since 1888". It forms part of a comprehensive campaign for the brand, which will also feature outdoor, digital, social media and point-of-sale.
Gayle Harrison, Foster's brand director said: "Foster's 125th anniversary will provide an excellent year-round platform to focus celebrations around the outstanding quality and heritage of the product, which make beer drinkers proud to drink Foster's."
She claimed that the 'Good Call" advertising, introduced in 2010, was "universally loved by our consumers and levels of consumer engagement" and had caused brand reputation to "soar".
Separately, Heineken is gearing up to launch a new low-ABV, lemon-flavoured lager to tap into the growing sales of lower-strength beers. The 2% lager, called Radler, will be aimed at younger consumers.
The drink is popular across Europe, especially in Germany, and the name Radler comes from the word for "cyclist" in German. An ad campaign is expected in April.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)