Sony Mobile global marketing boss Steve Walker departs
Sony Mobile chief marketing officer Steve Walker is to step down from his role, as part of plans to restructure the brand in line with the electronics giant's 'One Sony' global operating model.
Sony: Experia Z by King Edward Filmproduktion
Walker, who has been with the company in its various guises for 17 years, will step down at the end of March. His responsibilities will be assumed by Jacob Sten, who heads up Sony Mobile's newly formed product marketing department. It is not known if Walker has another role to go to.
Walker, who joined Ericsson in the 1990s, assumed the top global marketing role in March 2011, replacing Lennard Hoornick.
Last year, he led the rebrand of the company from Sony Ericsson to Sony Mobile, and the launch of its 'Made Of Imagination' brand positioning last year.
He most recently oversaw the launch of its Xperia Z smartphone at the CES show in Las Vegas, and will handle the brand's presence at the forthcoming World Mobile Congress exhibition in Barcelona.
Dennis van Schie, CVP, sales and marketing at Sony Mobile, said: "The mobile business is at the heart of Sony's strategy to bring consumers connected entertainment experiences across devices.
"These structural changes will help support our 'One Sony' model of working and will provide the framework for our business to progress to the next level."
Walker added: "The launch of Xperia Z, along with a global marketing campaign of which I am extremely proud, marks the start of the next chapter in the company's story. Having reached this important milestone, it feels like the natural time for me to move on to new challenges."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Partnerships Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22500 - £25000 per annum, West Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...