Superdrug replaces Gavin & Stacey star with 'real store colleagues'
Superdrug has dropped 'Gavin and Stacey' actress Joanne Page from its advertising and replaced her with a campaign featuring its own staff, to highlight its customer service.
"The Superdrug feeling" campaign marks a change in direction for the retailer, which is now focusing its strategy on its customer service.
The campaign will be based around annual events such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Christmas and seasonal offers available at those times.
The creative is set in a Superdrug store and features music specifically composed for the retailer.
Matt Walburn, Superdrug's marketing director, said: "This year brings a new look and feel to our TV advertising. We’ve enjoyed great success with the 'take another look' campaign and now want to build on this with a new creative using real store colleague which is something we have never done in the past.
"While the campaign focuses on tactical seasonal offers, it's done with Superdrug personality in a fun way. We're hoping to give everyone who views the ad a 'happy feeling' too. So expect to see happy dances all over the shop."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...