Norway is the world's most advanced nation in terms of digital media
Norway has emerged as the most advanced nation in the world in terms of consumer adoption of digital media, with the UK ranked tenth.
Digital media: Norway tops the poll
In Norway, average penetration of IPTV, smartphones and tablets has reached 38.8% of people, with the UK totalling 23.1%, according to new research from ZenithOptimedia, putting it in 10th place.
Smartphone penetration in Norway is 65%, compared with a 44% average across the top 19 global markets.
Total penetration of smartphones reached 36% in 2012 across the 19 markets, with the forecast suggesting that this will double to 72% by 2015.
South Korea is the market outside Western Europe with the highest adoption of new technology, standing in ninth place with 23.1%. The US reaches 19.4%, putting it in 12th place.
Tablet penetration average 5% across the 19 markets in 2012 but is expected to reach 13% by 2015.
IPTV is the slowest growing of the three technologies but will reach 9% of homes across the 19 markets by 2015, up from 7% last year. The Netherlands, in third place overall in 2012, is expected to gain the top position by 2015 due to swift growth of IPTV takeup, resulting in 91% of homes having the technology by 2015, according to ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...