Norway is the world's most advanced nation in terms of digital media
Norway has emerged as the most advanced nation in the world in terms of consumer adoption of digital media, with the UK ranked tenth.
Digital media: Norway tops the poll
In Norway, average penetration of IPTV, smartphones and tablets has reached 38.8% of people, with the UK totalling 23.1%, according to new research from ZenithOptimedia, putting it in 10th place.
Smartphone penetration in Norway is 65%, compared with a 44% average across the top 19 global markets.
Total penetration of smartphones reached 36% in 2012 across the 19 markets, with the forecast suggesting that this will double to 72% by 2015.
South Korea is the market outside Western Europe with the highest adoption of new technology, standing in ninth place with 23.1%. The US reaches 19.4%, putting it in 12th place.
Tablet penetration average 5% across the 19 markets in 2012 but is expected to reach 13% by 2015.
IPTV is the slowest growing of the three technologies but will reach 9% of homes across the 19 markets by 2015, up from 7% last year. The Netherlands, in third place overall in 2012, is expected to gain the top position by 2015 due to swift growth of IPTV takeup, resulting in 91% of homes having the technology by 2015, according to ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)